Software EngineerAt Retail Unity
What is it like to be a Software Engineer at Retail Unity?
If you like to work on long-term product developments and improvements instead of rushing through short-term projects, then you are in the right place! At Retail Unity you work in a team on powerful Cloud hosted software to service some of the biggest Retailers in the world. We are a fast-growing company in which you get the space to take initiative and develop yourself.
Retail Unity develops according to the most modern principles. Agile / Scrum is fully implemented for continuous developments. All documentation is executed in Atlassian, Confluence. We excel when it comes to the use of technology. We are open to any new trend if this improves our service and development and we take pride in our R&D initiatives. If you see an opportunity to improve our platform and services you will get the time and budget bring this to life.
The modern work environment allows for working from home (or anywhere), which is encouraged! Of course we do plan regular meetings and/or events at one of our offices or an inspiring location that matches the season.
We look for people that want to help us scale up the company to stay in-front of the pack. This is not about implementing solutions alone, it’s about building them with a team of experts. You will work with massive amounts of data from Retailers and impact the daily work of thousands of people through our solution.
What we offer
- Work on a top tier Order Management platform for some of the largest Retailers in the world.
- Work from home or anywhere. With regular meetings in one of our offices or an inspiring location that matches the season.
- A good salary, travel allowance and a pension scheme.
- The opportunity to grow. Career guidance based on your personal interests.
- A laptop. Connect to the office from anywhere through your own virtual workstation.
- Flexible working hours.
- Work with developers to design front- and backend features to the platform used by different Retail departments or in some cases, consumers directly.
- Produce clean, efficient code and UI’s based on specifications by the client and/or deliberation with the team.
- Verify and deploy programs and systems together with the team though Gitlab
to Google Cloud.
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade existing software based on direct feedback from the clients or customer support.
- Gather and evaluate logs from all data sources with the team to define improvements.
- Create technical documentation for reference and reporting.
- At least 5 years of experience in development of complex applications.
- Broad knowledge of MySQL and evaluating / optimizing queries.
- Knowledge on SQS / PubSub solutions and real-time data exchanges / dashboards using sockets in combination with AJAX.
- Experience in working with bootstrap and utilizing this to create real-time dashboards and user interfaces.
Interested? Apply now!
We look forward to meet you.
What is it like working at Retail Unity?
GREAT TEAM SPIRIT
Small teams, great colleagues and exciting opportunities.
Let us know what want to achieve. We encourage initiative.
FIRST CLASS NETWORK
Work with the best in Retail, Logistics and Software across the Globe.
No elongated decision making processes. Can-do mentality.